These blender White Chocolate and Lemon Pots de Creme are easy to make and taste sublime. They look impressive, but no one need know how easy they are to make!
Happy Thursday everyone! How has your week been? Ours has been super stressful with house stuff and I’m very anxious about it all. I’m a worrier and worry about everything, but everything is out of my hands.
My husband keeps saying there’s nothing we can do about it so don’t worry, but the fact there’s nothing I can do makes me more anxious.
Did anyone watch Wimbledon over the weekend? Oh I was so devastated for Roger. This has to be the cruellest, hardest loss I can remember. He broke in the fifth set and had 2 match points, then he couldn’t convert and it went to a tie break.
I was living, breathing that match. Every point I was there cheering, I prayed, I was a bundle of nerves, I rocked, tried deep breathing, it was so tense. I’m just so gutted and Roger played better overall, but at those important times where one point threw it either way, Novak got the points.
Anyway, when we’re having tough weeks, I think chocolate can be a big help! More importantly these heavenly White Chocolate and Lemon Pots de Creme. I can’t tell you how decadent and amazing these taste, yet they’re SO easy to make.
White chocolate and lemon is a flavour combination that I continually go back to because it’s just so amazing. They really bring out the best in each other flavour wise. Sweet, vanilla chocolate with light, bright citrus bursts is always a winner in this house!
I decided with these White chocolate and lemon pots de creme, to add a layer of lemon curd on the top to really ramp up the flavours, you can omit this and just add lemon zest to the cream mixture. I just really love the way the tartness cuts through the sweet cream.
Equally, you could add caramel, dulce de leche, fruit sauce, jam on the top and it would be divine with the white chocolate. I do love a versatile dessert.
Let’s talk about how to make these pots de creme. All you have to do is break your chocolate into small pieces, place into the bottom of a blender and then add the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan.
Place over a low heat, bring to gentle boil, simmer, pour over the chocolate and blend until thick and smooth.
Refrigerate, top with lemon curd and enjoy. That’s all there is to it! These pots de creme are so perfect for Summer as they’re refreshing and don’t require the oven. Let me know if you get to try them!
White Chocolate and Lemon Pots de Creme
- 6 oz (170g) white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup (240ml) double/heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (66g) white/caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon, optional
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- Chocolate shavings and extra lemon zest to garnish, optional
- Spray 2 large or 4 small ramekins/jars with cooking spray and leave to one side. – Side note, I would advise making 4 small pots de creme. They are quite rich and you don't need a huge serving.
- Place the small pieces of white chocolate into your blender and leave to one side.
- Place cream, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and salt into a medium sized saucepan. At this stage you can add in the lemon zest if using (see note). Place over a low heat and stir frequently so it doesn't stick to the sides. Keep the heat low so you don't scramble the eggs.
- Bring to a gentle boil and stir until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Once it starts bubbling around the edges it will thicken quickly, so stir continuously.
- Once thickened, remove from the heat and pour over the melted chocolate in your blender. Blitz until smooth and thick, then divide between your ramekins/jars.
- Leave to cool for 30 mins before placing in the fridge for 2-2 1/2 hours until firm.
- To serve: top with 1tbsp lemon curd and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and lemon zest if desired.
- White Chocolate and Lemon Pots de Creme will keep covered, in the fridge, for 1 day. Serve chilled.